Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home Concert

Last night some friends of mine, Rob and Corrie, hosted a home concert at their house. I was a little worried it would be awkward... Anytime you can make eye contact with a person as they are singing to you is a little weird for me... But it wasn't weird at all! It was SO great! One of the highlights of my summer probably...

It was fun being with people from church that I don't normally hang out with. And I got to be Jessie's date which is always a good time. :) I even taught a few people what "haunching" is. It was just a quality time of community. As I was sitting there, I was thinking, "I hope heaven's like this." And I was reminded of how cool God must be because His hands were all over last night, and it was such a cool night. It was just awesome...

The actual music was quality, too! Rob debuted a few of his songs, which were great! Then a girl from Kansas City, named Sara Swenson sang... She, also, was awesome... and very nice! And then the main event was a guy named Aaron Strumpel, a member (or former member, I'm still confused on that) of Enter the Worship Circle. He was AWESOME! I can't stop listening to his album that I bought last night (I also bought Sara's album and it's good!)

I love to push music on people, so check these people out. Sara Swenson and Aaron Strumpel. Do it!

1 comment:

Sarah Nabholz said...

That sounds like so much fun! And I LOVE the music...you always find the best artists. Sorry I didn't call you today :(, I was a bit under the weather because I was a fraidy-cat last night sleeping home alone and I had a restless night. I was pretty much a lazy-butt and slept most of the day. I'm off Tuesday and Saturday this week tho, so if you're free gimme a call!