Sunday, June 14, 2009

Slower pace...

Life is slow and I'm not going to lie, it's been hard. It's funny how in the craziness of the school year I think, "Man, I can't wait until summer when life will finally slow down." Now it has and I'm craving the other side.

I only have a few school friends (aka Sarah...) that live here in Kansas City but they are all out of town. I have married friends but they all have families and can't hang out all the time. I have my family, and they are here, and I am so thankful for them... but sometimes it's nice just to get out.

I think the slow pace and the loneliness is hard because it reminds me that I need to be relying on the Lord and fill myself up with Him rather than with people. People are great, but I lean on them to energize me way too much when I really should be looking to the Lord.

So although it's been hard, it's been good. I'm slowly learning to be content with this pace, to stop running to people for quick fixes and start giving the Lord the time He deserves which in turn will make me feel like life is right again.

No, this isn't my usual "Look what I noticed and love about the world" kind of post. But it's real. It's how I've been feeling and what I've been noticing. So really, this post describes what I'm noticing about my heart better than anything else I could write right now.

I did bake some cupcakes tonight though so there may be happy posts coming soon. :)

1 comment:

Valeria said...

so you're saying you "noticed your heart".. ;)
love you, cant wait to spend time with you!