Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's, no, Daddy's Day!

It's Father's Day! Hurray! My dad is one of the coolest guys you'll ever meet. Not only is he a great dad, he's a quality man. They say you marry a guy like your father... if I find a guy anything like my dad, I will be one lucky woman...

When I was little, my dad used to tell me this "story." He would say, "Abby, if God lined up all of the little girls in the whole wide world and he told me I could choose one of them to be my daughter... I would choose you!" It's kind of been his and I's thing since then. It's pretty special...

So I made a card with that story as its theme. Some of you may know that I really dislike greeting cards. (While I know they mean well, I just don't think they do the trick.) So I made my own card this year. It was fun and it means more. I'm hoping to take my dad out for a nice lunch, too. I figure spending time together would be more special than... say, a Home Depot gift card or something else Father's Day-like.

Anyway, happy Father's Day, Daddy! I love you more than you'll ever know.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great card, great story, great Dad. You are a lucky girl.