Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Grand Canyon.

Today, for the first time in my life, I saw and experienced the Grand Canyon. I honestly wasn't exactly looking forward to it. I knew it was going to be incredible but I was afraid that I wasn't going to be blown away as much as I thought I should be. I got there, and it was glorious... It was so vast that my brain couldn't even comprehend its incredible depth. It varied in colors and shapes... It was incredible. But like I feared, I wasn't as blown away as I wanted to be...

Until I started looking around me. There were people from all over the world that came to see it. This thing that I found just pretty incredible... some people traveled thousands of miles to see. I started thinking about these people that surrounded me... wondering what was going through their heads. Did they believe that God had created this? Did they think that some mighty powerful water had lots of time to do its thing? What were they thinking?

I instantly became thankful that not only did I get to enjoy the creation... I got to enjoy the Creator. A piece of art isn't worth much without a talented artist behind it. The Grand Canyon would be meaningless if it weren't created by a God who spoke and brought it to life. So, no, I wasn't absolutely blown away by the Grand Canyon today, but I was reminded of the greatness of God and that was a good enough take away for me.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Amen!

Was Hoover Dam that way for you as well???

Norma said...

Great to read your thoughts! What a blessing!

Jessie said...

So true.

abby! said...

I honestly had no expectations of Hoover Dam. It was pretty cool... I'm glad I got to see it!

Anthony P said...

I find it quite amusing and a little bit concerning that you seemed to be more moved by the fountains at the Bellagio than the Grand Canyon. :)