Friday, June 5, 2009

Ocean.

Today I walked along the ocean/beach and it was wonderful. My dad kept on saying, "Ab, you going to blog about this?" "Is this blog worthy?" "You should call it 'Ocean.'" I told him, "Dad, I can't just blog about the ocean... what would I say?" Yet, here I am. In honor of my dad, and the ocean, I give you this post: Ocean.

The Pacific Ocean is way too cold to swim in... especially in the beginning of June. So we walked along the shore enjoying the scenery and experience of it all. The breeze was absolutely wonderful. I know it's silly and way overdone, but I love having the wind blow in my hair. I love looking up to the sky and closing my eyes and just taking in the feeling of it all. That feeling, plus the sun beating on my face and the sound of the waves in the background created several moments of perfection today.

We walked along some paths that overlooked the beach from above, watched a lot of seals soaking up the sun, had lunch on the patio at a restaurant that sat on the beach, and then we actually walked on the beach... I dipped my feet in the water which means my feet have officially touched both the Pacific and the Atlantic Oceans within the last three months! Anyway, it was a perfect day spending time at the ocean.

(My feet in the Atlantic (left) and my feet in the Pacfic....
Pretty similar, eh?)

3 comments:

Valeria said...

I especially like the comparison photos;) cute. I hope I can get to the beach again some time this summer and soak in some sun too. Keep enjoying Cali! PS. got your mail, thanks!

Sarah Nabholz said...

You saw SEALS??? I miss the ocean. It has been way too long. And I totally agree with your dad--the ocean is definitely blogworthy.

abby! said...

Every time I took a picture of a seal I thought of you, Sarah!