Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sunset Chasing.

Ok, I know it's lame to post twice in one day but I had to blog about this. Tonight, fireworks was cancelled due to the weather (have I mentioned I hate storms?) so I had a surprise evening free! While the weather in Leavenworth (where the stand is) was ridiculous... the weather in Liberty wasn't bad... and the mixture of post storm plus a clearing in the clouds made for a beautiful sunset.

So I chased it. I just kept driving until I could find the best view to stop and enjoy (and take pictures) and it was amazing. It's funny now that I think about it. I was literally speeding around, afraid it was going to go behind a cloud or set or something. Turns out the best view was at a construction site behind our neighborhood. There wasn't anyone around so I took a little walk. It was wonderful!

The pictures really don't do it justice... but they attempt to capture my 15 minutes of sunset chasing.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

You should send it into one of the news stations. They always love showing weather related pics. I think they look lovely, btw.