Saturday, April 10, 2010

"Peanuuuut, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate!"

Do you remember that old song, it was from Barney or Sesame Street or something... It went, "Peanuuuut, peanut butter, and jelly!" Well, I don't like jelly, PB&J was just never for me, but I have decided that peanut butter and chocolate is probably my favorite food combination ever. It has somehow crept up as a trend in my baking as you can see here, here, and here. What can I say? I bake things that I think I will enjoy... that's why you don't often see pies, mousse, pudding, coconut, cherry, etc. I'm guilty... I'm a selfish baker.

Moving on... because I love this combination of peanut butter and chocolate I made a cheesecake this weekend that although I haven't tried it yet, has the potential to be the best piece of dessert that has ever graced my mouth. It has an Oreo crust, a layer of fudge, a layer of crumbled Reese's, peanut butter cheesecake, ganache topping, a little bit of peanut butter frosting and Reese's for decoration. Once again, I realize it's borderline over the top rich, but hopefully it will turn out to be delicious. (P.S. I can't take credit for this amazing recipe... I got it here in case you want to try it out yourself.)

Anyway, I won't be able to try it until later tonight because I'm bringing it to a party, but I'll have to let you know how it turns out. I can't imagine the beautiful combination of peanut butter and chocolate leading me astray.... it never has, and likely never will.

2 comments:

gmontalvo13 said...

that looks yummy!
chocolate and peanutbutter is my favorite combination too!

Joel said...

Maybe the best cheesecake I've ever eaten.