Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Couch to 5K

The above picture depicts me in a nutshell... To be totally honest with you. I played sports in high school, then quit my junior year because I didn't care enough to try as hard as I had to try to be really good. When I quit playing sports my health and weight gradually went downhill which brings me to today. I'm overweight and out of shape... and I'm ready to change!

I'm sure you've heard me mention a diet before. I've totally been slacking on it lately, and you can probably tell because I haven't mentioned it in a few months. But I'm trying to get back on track. And the exciting thing is, that I've decided I'm going to run a 5K! I'm using the work out regimen called Couch to 5K that is supposed to get me there in 9 weeks. I'm two days in and I'm really liking it. (Although, I must admit that I think my new favorite feeling is when I've just finished a work out...)

So if you are overweight (like me), and don't think you could ever become a runner (also like me) then I encourage you to try this! It'll get you there gradually and, man... just think about how good it will feel when you cross the finish line of that 5K and weigh X amount of pounds lighter! I'm doing it... you, for sure, can too! Go here to find out how. (Alright, sorry for the the cheesy inspirational post, I'm just really excited about this!)

3 comments:

Jenni said...

haha i've been working out for my wedding for the past few months and I LOVE that feeling of being done with a good workout. Its my favorite!!! But now I enjoy the whole workout because i know im working up to that feeling. :) I just love it!
I do a wednesday weigh-in on my blog and you should to! Its a great way to stay accountable. :) So far im 8 lbs down, 8" on each thigh and 3" on my neck!

David Allen said...

Hang in there! I did my very first ever 5K this past Sunday. I did the Broadway Bridge Run. I did it in 34:52 which shocked the heck out of me. I was hoping for 45:00 and thinking I'd never be able to do that. So if I can do it, you can do it!! Beat my time!! :)

Jessie said...

You are amazing!