Thursday, April 15, 2010

Giddy.

I have always loved the look of white globe lights. Something about them is so simple and pure... and well, I just have an affinity for lighting in general (you can read about it here)... I've always thought that it would be fun to have them light my wedding or reception (I know, it's dangerous to start planning wedding decorations before you've even met the guy...) Or to have them on a beautiful porch that I someday dream of having. But I've never really been able to find the perfect lights in any stores or they cost to much, so I let go of my dream (if you could call it that...)

Recently I've been reinspired by white globe lights. My brother's friend Cassie (and I suppose she's my friend too, although we've never met) blogged about her porch and she had the lights that I love! (I, for sure, had porch AND light envy.) One of her beautiful pictures is below. These white lights also popped up at my other brother's girlfriends house. She has a balcony off of her bedroom that most people only dream of having. It was beautiful... and beautifully lit with white globe lights.

So anyway... I was at Target today and I found some white globe lights that were reasonably priced... so I bought them. I really shouldn't have... I have spent more money this week (on 3 different flights for my summer trips!) than I have probably in the last two months combined. But I did. I bought them and I have been giddy about them ever since putting them up! So hurray for finally having white globe lights in my life. I truly am giddy...