Monday, April 26, 2010

Some kind of path.

As many of you know, in December I graduated from the University of Missouri with a Spanish degree (although I never actually became QUITE fluent in the language...) I've been working part time at my church hoping that the job would turn into a full time job sometime this summer. Well, as it often happens, life didn't go according to plan, the church can't offer me a job due to financial reasons, and I am back looking for a new direction.

There really are two ways of looking at my situation:
1. Freak out. Worry about my lack of direction and cry. (I've been tempted to do that. Actually, two weeks ago, before I even knew that I didn't get the job, I took this approach. Not fun.)
2. Get excited! I have a world of possibilities in front of me and some awesome parents that are giving me time and support so I can figure things out. (I am resting in Jeremiah 29:11 these days... which is giving me the courage and peace to take this approach.)

So that's where I'm at. Looking for something, pursuing paths, doing a lot of self-examination to see what may be next for me. Here's what I've decided are things that I love doing. If someone would mind analyzing them and telling me what I should do with my life, I'd appreciate that. :)
1. Bake
2. Go to coffee shops
3. Have quality conversations with people
4. Sing
5. Make things pretty
6. Play games
7. Think/create creatively
8. Take pictures
9. Go to concerts
10. Laugh

Let me know when you've figured out my life for me. In the meantime, I'll be working on it, too.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I feel the same way. I got laid off from my job due to cutbacks and I am sometimes upset, and other times exhilirated! I have a B.S. in photography and a minor in Graphic Design and now i'm getting a Masters in Marketing Communications... I think i've decided I want to be an event planner...and so im trying to find just the right job to lead me down that path!!!
Good luck to you!!!!!

Aunt Cindy said...

Keep trusting God.
If I win the lottery I will buy you a shop where you can sing,bake,decorate,talk, laugh and love.
Know I will keep praying for you.

Jessie said...

You could get a full-time job as Jessie's personal assistant. Sadly, it just pays in undying affection and good food. :) Try using that to pay the bills!

Katie said...

3rd grade chant: "BAKE-ING-SCHOOL! BAKE-ING-SCHOOL!" :)

orrr follow ben rector around the nation with me as a groupie. either one's fine with me.