Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm professional...

It's official. Yesterday I had my first customer as a baker! Well... I had lots of customers as a baker at Kaldi's, but I have never sold anything I've baked on my own! A friend from church bought 3 dozen cupcakes from me! She said I could make whatever kind I wanted so I went with half Snickerdoodle cupcakes and half chocolate chocolate cupcakes.

The main thing that I learned from my first professional baking experience: make a complete shopping list before you go to the grocery store. I went to the grocery store 4 times yesterday... yes, I said 4. I have no idea where my brain was. First it was sugar, then eggs, then cream cheese, then containers to carry them in. I'll never make any money if I spend hours at the grocery store... But overall, I'd say the experience was good for learning and I will only improve from here.
(It's only fitting that I finish at this time the night before.)

No comments: