Sunday, April 18, 2010

Loose Park.

I didn't really think it was possible... but today I fell in love with Kansas City a little bit more than I already was. A few weeks ago I ventured to Loose Park with my friend Brooke and have been meaning to blog about it since then. Today I went back with my friend Katie and it just has to be blogged about because I love it so much!
It's big and spacious. Tons of green, hilly fields of beautiful grass. And they have nice fountains and ponds. And everyone was outside just enjoying the weather. And it's surrounded by this neighborhood that is filled with beautiful old houses. Yes, I know... a lot of parks have grass, and ponds, and fountains, and people. What is so special about this park? I don't know... but I love it.

I think I may love it because it's totally different and I feel like I'm not in Kansas City when I'm there. How does that make sense? I love the fact that I feel like I'm somewhere else than Kansas City, and that makes me love Kansas City more? I guess I like it because I've lived in this city for 22 years, and I am still discovering new sides and personalities of it... and I love that. Thank you, Loose Park, for being beautiful and adding to the great city that I love...

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Loose Park is only an 8 minute drive from my house. :) We love taking the dogs for walks there! You should check out Kauffman Rose Gardens. They are right off the plaza just a few minutes from Loose. It feels like an eden there!

Jessie said...

Don't you love when people mess up your photos by publicly urinating. Why didn't you post about that? :)

abby! said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Jenni! I'll have to check it out!

And Jessie... I'm ignoring your comment. :)

Katie said...

YAYYYY!!! great park! great day!