Friday, February 19, 2010

Delicious? or Disgusting?


I have been looking forward to today ALL week because today was the day that I got to bake something for a party I'm going to tonight. I was even more excited because I decided to bake a cake which I don't do very often. For some reason, cakes, to me, seem to be for more special occasions. You can bake cupcakes or cookies any time, but cakes, cakes are for something special. Not that tonight is that special, it's just a dinner party for church... I'm rambling, let's move on.

I decided to go with the Reese's Cup Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake from my favorite food blog Annie's Eats. I made this same cake a few weeks ago with a friend, and it turned out well, but when baking with other people you can never do things exactly like you would do them when it's just you. So I tried again, and the picture above is what I came up with. All along I was thinking, "Man, this is going to be so good. Chocolate. Peanut buter. Cake. Reese's. How can you go wrong?" But after putting the finishing touch of sprinkled Reese's on top my thoughts changed to, "This just became the richest cake ever. Did I just turn something delicious into something disgusting?"

I'm hoping that some people with some serious sweet toothes (or would the plural be sweet teeth?) come tonight or I'm going to have a lot of crazy rich cake on my hands. (P.S. I didn't realize until after I took the picture that there is a Weight Watchers point counter in the background... Something tells me that this cake isn't so WW friendly.)

2 comments:

´´Saray´´ said...

This looks super yummy! :) I bet it was a success among those attending the party.
I adore Reese´s peanut buttercups and I can´t wait to move to Madrid in a few months´ time because that is the only city in Mainland Spain where one can buy them.
Btw I stumbled upon your blog when pressing the button´Next blog´ on mine. Greetings!

Jessie said...

RIP glass dome! Was there any left b/c I still haven't had any yet.