Saturday, February 13, 2010

Relapse.

Last week I said that I was going to switch my focus from baking to crafting. Well... I must admit, I've had a bit of a relapse. I don't think I've done anything crafty all week but I've baked a ton.

So far I've made:
-Stout cupcakes (for my friends the Cunninghams)
-Strawberry cupcakes (for my friend Dana, but I never got them to her, so my family just ate them)
-Brown Sugar Pound Cake cupcakes (for Cory's journalism class)
-Sugar cookies (for a celebration for some family friends the Wilts)

A couple good things that came out of my shameful baking:
-I finally conquered the Brown Sugar Pound Cake cupcakes. These cupcakes were formally known as the "ugly" cupcakes. They tasted good, but they looked pretty hideous. I finally figured out how to make them taste good AND look good.
(Ugly cupcakes.)
(Pretty cupcakes.)
-I got to expose my sugar cookies. I've been thinking about starting to sell some of my baked goods from home and see where it takes me but I didn't really know where to start or how to get my name out there. Today my mom brought my sugar cookies to church for a party and it may have given me the exposure I need to start something! Woohoo...

The week is over now, I have no more excuses to bake things for people. Back to crafting!

No comments: