Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A bit much?

Last week was busy so I took a bit of an hiatus from baking... not on purpose, it just never crossed my mind. Saturday night Cory said, "Abby, you haven't baked anything this week... what's going on?" Can I just say that I love my brother... I love that he missed my baking. Somehow I've tricked him into believing that I'm a decent baker. But oh well... I was flattered.

So you know the second he said that I had to bake something. I was originally going to try to bake some phyllo dough brownies like the ones from Addison's. But: 1. I couldn't find phyllo dough at the grocery store, and 2. I'm not sure the recipe I had was very good anyway. So as I was walking around Price Chopper at midnight with Cory I came up with the idea (well, I wouldn't say it was original to me, it was more remembering someone else's idea)...

Cookie sandwiches! Two cookies... with frosting in the middle. So I started with my favorite combination: chocolate and peanut butter. I made some chocolate cookies with peanut butter chocolate chip frosting. I thought they were a bit much but luckily when I woke up the next morning my family was raving about them.

I'm a slacker really... I just stole other people's recipes and put them together and wahlah (how do you spell that?) a chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwich was born. I got my chocolate cookie recipe here (although I'm searching for a better one) and my peanut butter frosting recipe here (and I added some mini chocolate chips.) I am also currently working on some snickerdoodle cookie sandwiches using this snickerdoodle recipe. I'll have to let you know how it turns out...

1 comment:

Jessie said...

It's voilá....French. I want to try these cookies.