Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fondue Party.

Last night I had the pleasure of hanging out with some great ladies and eating some great food. My friend Corrie's sister was in town from Portland so we got some friends together so she could meet everyone. We ate chocolate fondue and boy did we have a spread to dip in it: pears, strawberries, bananas, brownies, pound cake, rice krispie treats, and cheesecake. It was delicious and we had a great time!

Part of me felt a bit guilty for eating junk food but part of me thought that it's cool how we can gather together and enjoy good food. At church we have been talking about food and how we all struggle with it. Last week our pastor ended the series with a sermon about how food isn't bad (the over-consumption of food is bad), and that Jesus used it to gather people together. I like that about food... So while, yes, I will admit that last night I might have given in to my gluttonous tendencies a bit... I had a great time fellowshipping (yep, it's a word) with some friends. And I'm thankful for that... I'm just pretty blessed.
(The ladies, before Dana showed up.)
(Delicious!)
(Dana enjoying my (cracked) cheesecake!)
(I tried to document this dinner party like Annie's Eats documents hers. Maybe someday I'll be as good as she is at throwing and capturing parties.)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Fun times and great documentation!