Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dear Spring, Please come faster.

The sun hadn't shown its face in about a week... until this afternoon! It was glorious! Today I found out that I need a $500 car repair and was a bit bummed... but the instant the sun came out it was like I didn't have a care in the world. I'm amazed at what a mood-lifter a spotting of the long-lost sun can be.

So the sun came up, the temperature rose a bit, thanks to daylight savings time the moon didn't appear as early as it had been... I was over at some friend's for dinner and we went outside and played basketball at dusk. It was wonderful! Today was a glimpse of the spring to come, and I loved it.

The calendar says that spring comes in 4 days. (Although as I was typing that I'm recalling a debate that I had with some people about the true first day of spring. Does anyone remember the verdict?) Anyway... I'm ready for it: the flowers, and warm breezes, and longer days, and the list goes on and on. But especially the flowers.

1 comment:

Happy_Moni said...

What beautiful flowers...... Spring has come to Hawai'i to and the air is warmer and the rain was only come only every other day now! I miss it though. Flowers! That was random.