Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Simplicity.

Lately I've had some people comment on my blog that I don't know... and I love it. I love that more people are reading than the small group of maybe 15 friends and relatives that I thought. Part of me thinks, "Man, my blog isn't THAT great. Why do they want to read my blog?" I started reading over the last few posts to see why, and am still a bit baffled but for sure am honored that people read this... so thanks. Your audience inspires me to write more.

Anyway, while reading back over my last few posts I read "note to self: write about simplicity" and was reminded that I need/want to do that. (I always just thought "note to self" was a funny phrase, who knew that it actually can function as a reminder...) So anyway... I love simplicity (sometimes to a fault... but I love it.) I love the cleanliness of it. I love the lack of drama. I love how it gets straight to the point. I can't think of a single facet of life where more complicated is better. Ok, well, maybe baking... because you can bake cookies from a mix or you can bake homemade cookies which truly is more complicated, but ultimately better. So, I guess sometimes the simple way isn't the best way... so we'll just say that I love it when things are simple that can be simple.

Anyway, for the sake of simplicity, and honoring this wonderful concept that I love, I thought I'd show pictures rather than express in words. I prefer the picture above (courtesy of Design*Sponge) over the picture below...
(Yikes. Are there cats climbing on the walls next to the virgin Mary?)

I prefer this dress... (The train's a bit long, but whatever...)
... Over this dress. (Holy. Cow.)

I prefer this painting... (You can buy this on Etsy for $3)
... Over this painting. (Or you could buy this hideous thing on Etsy for $35)
I prefer these sunglasses... (So classic.)
... Over these sunglasses. (Apparently these are Lady Ga Ga's...)
So anyway... you get the picture. That's me. I love to keep things simple. So I hope you are having a wonderfully simple day...

3 comments:

Happy_Moni said...

I am one of the new followers....Simplicity is something that I follow because if you put to much it looks over crowded and cramped.... In the cat picture i saw cats but no Virgin Mary only a very cool painting........ Your blog is simple and sweet but I personally like a pop now and again something smokin.........TeeHee........ I do like your blog though....

Happy Blogging

Katie said...

I lo0o0o0o rachel mcadam's dress!!!!!!!!! and i laughed at how baking was the first thing you thought to compare simplicity to. I think that is why your audience is so big and you don't realize it. Because you just being you is extremely entertaining. I, personally, would not have related simplicity to baking. but abby would. and that's why people love you. and laugh at you. hahaha maybe it's just me that laughs. :) I also laughed at "ARE THOSE CATS CRAWLING UP THE WALL!?!" hahahaha ohhh i miss you wayyy too much cuz i leave you novels for comments.

Katie said...

lo0o0o0ove***