Monday, March 8, 2010

Sandals.

The weather is starting to trick me into believing that spring is here. Because I live in Missouri, I'm not getting my hopes up because I know that it could blizzard tomorrow. But the weather has been nice for about a week now. The second it hit above 40 degrees outside I busted out my sandal collection and haven't looked back.

Speaking of sandals... I love them. Particularly flips flops, but pretty much any kind of sandal makes me happy. I love the freeness your toes feel when wearing them. I love the funny shaped tans you get on your feet. I love having to paint your toe nails because they finally get they're time to shine after a long winter. I love that they're casual, but I wear them for all occasions anyway. I just love them. And I love that the weather is looking up so I can actually wear them.

I got some sandals for Christmas that I haven't been able to wear until this week. They are my current favorites. They are called Ssekos and they are from a non-profit "enterprise" Sseko Designs that supports the education of some girls from Uganda. I love the actual sandals but I also love what they represent. You should get some if you love sandals as much as I do...

Happy Sandals Weather!

2 comments:

Happy_Moni said...

I was going through blogs and I found yours and your sandals caught my eye and I loved them......Your words on sandals are very true. I love Missouri my Aunts lives in ST. Louis and I just love it so!!!! I can wear sandals at any point because i live in Hawai'i so my toes are always painted!!!! I will follow.. with my sandals...

Happy Blogging

Holly said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sandals!

You have a wonderful blog!