Sunday, March 21, 2010

Returning.

As you may know, I graduated from college in December and moved back home with my parents as I'm transitioning into this thing called adulthood. I haven't had a chance to make it back to Columbia since the day of my graduation... until this weekend. I was silly to only plan a day and a half long visit. I didn't have enough time to see everyone and do everything that I wanted to see and do. But overall... the 29 hours that I spent there (cut short by the ridiculous, untimely snow storm) were awesome.

My return to Columbia this weekend was just incredibly encouraging. I think everyone deserves the chance to leave somewhere and return later to be excitedly received by the people they love and that love them. That's what happened to me. My friends loved on me more than I deserved... and it was one of the coolest things I've experienced in a while.

I've heard it said before that people don't tell you how much they truly appreciate you until you are moving or dying. Thankfully, I'm not dying, but I did move... and the encouragement that I received from the people I love was powerful. I hate that we wait to say the things we hold back until tough circumstances arise. My goal, after returning to the place I recently moved from, and being on the receiving end of the love, is to tell people regularly the things that I wouldn't say unless something hard was about to happen. I want to love on people the way I was loved on. So that's my goal... Maybe you can make it your goal too and we can all love on our loved ones a little bit more.

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

I think you show Love all the time..it was great to see you write about loving others.