Friday, March 5, 2010

Aprons.

I have quite a few aprons. I have received most of them as gifts (like the two depicted below given to me by my aunt Kay and friend Jessica respectively (modeled by my friend Emily.)) And while all of my aprons are special... none of them are totally me.
So I decided to make my own apron. A simple apron. (Have I mentioned that I love simple things? Note to self: blog about your love for simplicity.) A simple pattern and a relatively simple fabric. While it should have taken me less than an hour to pull this thing off, it took me about... 3. But considering the last time I've sewn was in 8th grade home ec, that's not THAT bad, right?

The apron for sure isn't perfect, but I'm pretty excited about it. I used it tonight while baking a cheesecake and it worked just wonderfully. So if you see specs of nasty in the pictures, you'll just know that it was doing its job while I was baking away. (P.S. Thanks to Jessie who lent me her sewing machine, kitchen, and expertise so that I could pull off this project.)

1 comment:

Valeria said...

abby it's beautiful! i *simply* adore it;) would you start selling your crafts and baked goods already?