Thursday, September 16, 2010

Green room.

Things at my current job are slow at times... It's really no surprise that they couldn't continue my position because they honestly don't have enough work to keep me busy for my 20 hours a week. Therefore, I've gotten really good at finding projects for myself. I LOVE projects. Especially finished projects... And today I finished a project that I've been working on for the past month.

Our church has a room off the stage where our musicians, actors, and whoever else is involved in the service hang out when they're not onstage. We call it the "green room," just like a lot of people in theater do. (Curious to know the origin of why a green room is called a green room? I was: here's what I found out.) Our green room was lacking a bit... For a room that was meant for the relaxation of artists, it was about as non-artistic as possible. So, I was given a $50 budget (I think I ended up spending about $75... woops), the freedom to decorate as I wished, and help from a couple friends (Rob and Jessie)... and voila! Want to see the before and after? (I love before and afters.)

The Before...
(This green is unfortunate...)
(I know... it's pretty bad.)

The After!
(One side of the room.)
(The other side of the room.)
(My friend Rob had the idea to paint a staff on the wall...
I like how it turned out. Any guesses what song that is?)
(I used my green, twin sheets from college to cover to couches.
It wasn't perfect, but it was better than before...)
(I stole the idea from Design*Sponge to use paint
chips to cover the walls. And yes, I stole them all.)

Coming Soon! The before and after of my office at work that I mentioned forever ago but never showed you the finished product. I've just got to take some solid pictures of it and will post it soon.

4 comments:

Aunt Georgie said...

This is so neat and well done. How did you adhere the STOLEN paint chips(should you have stated that so succinctly?)to the wall? That is a great look. Just having the room tidied up helped, didn't it? Love your style!

Jeff said...

THIS. IS. BEAUTIFUL.
well done, my dear friend.

Aunt Cindy said...

Wow, this is awesome...I really should let you decorate my house.

Leigh Anne said...

wow, great job abby! makes the room look so much bigger. and love the lighting!