Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Bathroom.

A week ago my mom told me that she wanted to redecorate the upstairs bathroom/my bathroom/the bathroom formerly known as "Joel and I's bathroom" (I'm sure he's loving his new, non-"covered in curly hair" bathroom that he has all to himself.) Mom said she was thinking about doing something in blue and brown. My creative juices instantly started flowing and I couldn't be stopped after that... I stopped by Home Depot with a friend the next day and picked up a swatch of blue that I thought was nice... Mom approved so I volunteered to paint it. Then I happened to stop by Target and look at brown shower curtains and towels. I came back with Mom and she approved of my suggestions so we bought some. I gradually shared more ideas, she approved, and before you knew it I had totally taken over decorating the whole bathroom. With her approval, of course...

I'm learning something about myself that I never realized while I was in college. I love projects. I don't think I had a lot of time, energy, or money in college so I just did what I had to do and spent the rest of my time with my roommates or in some local coffee shop. But I'm not in college anymore and I've got all this time of my hands, and I love getting things done. At home and at work. (I recently decorated our green room and my office (side note: I still need to show you pictures of my office) just because I love projects.)

Anyway, I love projects and I loved working on the bathroom. Unfortunately I have no "before" pictures but here are some "after" pictures of our newly decorated bathroom.
(You know I decorated a room when tree photography is involved.
These were taken by my brother Joel and I.)
(I liked the simplicity of these flowers. And no, that's not dirt,
it's actually coffee (decaf, no worries, I didn't waste the good stuff.))
(Lamp, candle, and frame: all totally unnecessary,
yet I love them... a lot.)
(Mood lighting...)

5 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

I love it!!!

Valeria said...

Abby, this bathroom is wonderful! The tree photos make it extra serene and I feel like the coffee as "dirt" idea is such an extra cute touch. You're a wonderful decorator/project completer my dear:)

Unknown said...

Not ONE mention of dear old dad's contribution to this bathroom. I will never read this blog again!! ;-0

oscarellis said...

Whoa! That bathroom is awesome! You do such good work, Abby. Wanna come do a project at my house?

Aunt Georgie said...

WOW! I love it, too!