Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday's Really Little Thing

I'm a single, 22 year old girl, but somehow, the majority of my friends are married with kids. I don't really know how it happened... but it did, and I love them.

One of the things that I love about having friends with kids is that they recruit me to help them bake their kids' birthday cakes. I love baking creations that are a bit more fun and creative. I love doing it alongside a good friend. And I love making it for a kid that I love. We have had some successes, and some, well, I hate to call them failures, but not such great successes. I think my favorite it probably Gracious's Princess Tiana cake and frog cupcakes. Eli's Cookie Monster cake was pretty fun too, although I have a long way to go in my character drawing.
Anyway, I made two cakes/cupcakes this week. The first, the lovely picture below, Liam's monster truck cake, would fall in the "not such a great success" category. We decided this could go on that website of bad cakes (Cake Wrecks, you should check it out, maybe you'll see ours on there...) Today I made Hulk cupcakes with my friend Corrie for her son Justice's birthday. They turned out pretty cute but I didn't have time to take a picture of them.
Alright, well, Wednesday's Really Little Thing: Baking Kid Cakes with My Friends. I love it!

2 comments:

Robbie Louth said...

Seee Abigail?!?! There are some benefits to having married friends. I think we just got in a rut together lol. We need to hang out again soon. Dana wants to start STOP again and I agree with her, but someplace cheaper since im poor now lol. I heard of a cheap italian place but i have to find it again...=].

Jessie said...

It was the tire turds that made it a wreck, I think. But Liam loved it and that's all that matters.