Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday's Really Little Thing

I have 5 minutes to post this before Friday expires. Granted... I could always lie and change the post time, but I won't.

Thursday's Really Little Thing: Neighborhood Pools

I don't think I've ever realized that a neighborhood pool is something special. I thought pretty much everyone had them. My friend Katie is in town, and she is fascinated by the concept because they don't have neighborhood pools in Rochester, MN where she's from. I've been taking them for granted all this time.... So anyway, today we went swimming with my friend Jessie and her boys and it was great. And it was free! Well, minus the home owner's association dues that John and Jessie probably had to pay. But it was great... A pool that is quite the ample size, that's within walking distance of their home, that isn't too crowded with people, and is free (to me). It's quite the luxury and I loved the afternoon we spent there today.

There you have it, I made it just in time! Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Robbie Louth said...

I've never lived in a rich enough neighborhood to have a pool. And i've lived in like 5 different places around KC. They aren't THAT prevalent. lol

Jessie said...

I just realized...that's an old picture. You'd never find Eli in that floating thing this year. We should have taken a picture of the motor boats!