Sunday, August 15, 2010

Blackie's Dead

I really shouldn't judge a person without knowing much about them... Actually, I shouldn't judge a person even if I know EVERYTHING about them. But I've judged Scarlett Johansson... I'm sorry, but I have. Nearly every movie she's been in she has played some version of an adulteress (i.e. He's Just Not That Into You, The Other Boleyn Girl, Match Point, In Good Company, etc.) and I'm thinking, "Hm, learn how to play a new role." Anyway... I'm sorry, Scarlett, for judging you for the shady roles you get paid to portray in movies... I'm sure you're a very nice girl. And I'll give you this, you make some pretty decent music.

My friend Corrie played Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson's album "Break Up" for me the other day when we hung out and I kind of fell in love with their sound (although you don't get much of that sound because the entire album is only 28 minutes long.) Despite the short length, I bought the album today and can't stop listening to the song below: Blackie's Dead. I love me a good catchy song (although after looking at the lyrics, I'm still unsure of what this song is about.) The album recording of this song is better than the live version below, but I still thinks it's fun!
P.S. Dear Scarlett, you are singing a catchy song... you're allowed to smile. Sincerely, A Fan of Smiling

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Maybe she's down b/c Blackie's dead...or she doesn't want to further promote laugh line wrinkles on her face.