Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm no Cake Boss...

It's been a while since I've had a bakery order. I just haven't been baking much this summer because things have been so busy. And I think people haven't been asking for baked goods for the same reason... at least that's what I'm telling myself. :) But tonight I got a call from a guy that I work with asking me if I could make a cake for his son... for tomorrow. Luckily I didn't have any plans tonight besides painting my bathroom (which can wait) so I said yes. His son wanted a cake like "one of the ones that Cake Boss makes."
He also really likes Godzilla, and is turning 13, and likes chocolate cake. With all those factors in mind, I got to work... I'm no Cake Boss, but here is the finished product. I'm pretty excited about it!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

That's great.

gmontalvo13 said...

great cake! that show inspires me too! i once made a pacman cake--it seemed the easiest, it was not! :)

Aunt Georgie said...

Nice! The artwork is so neat and crisp. Very well done.

Aunt Cindy said...

That first cake is NOT a one night cake. Nice job on your finished product