Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I've taken the time to bake something pretty. Today I got to do it and it kind of gave me warm (but not too warm because it's flipping HOT outside) fuzzies all over.

I don't really have a lot to say except for I really enjoyed baking today. I made some Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcakes, a recipe from one of my favorite baking blogs Joy the Baker. Here is the recipe... she calls for everything organic, but I went for a different "o" word... that being off-brand. Who has the money to go organic? Not I, said the part-timed employed recent college graduate living with her parents...

Man, I'm in a funny mood. I guess it's the baking...

4 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

If it wasn't your birthday in August, I would have you bring the cupcakes to the party. These look delicious.

sarah said...

this post is further proof we would be friends in real-life. seriously:

a) i love chocolate + peanutbutter anything. seriously the world's best combo. i think pb should be its own food group. and i want to eat these cupcakes now. in fact, i will make these ASAP. i have some reeses laying around.

b) i don't believe in organic. i love offbrand. great value = my bffe.

c) i'm living at home post-grad too :( - happyhappyjoyjoy. i'm sure you understand! haha.

Sigurd Solsort said...

You have to be careful with all that refined sugar.

Robbie Louth said...

I do believe that you should make me something like this for my birthday...in November...lol. Something that mixes chocolate and peanut butter, or chocolate and raspberries. either one i would drool over haha. im so jealous of your baking abilities. actually..i need to make my raspberry brownies.haven't had them since freshman year. YUMMY.