Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday's Really Little Thing

Today concludes this series of "Really Little Things." Are you sick of it? I hope not... but if you are, don't worry, today is it:

Last week my brother Joel blogged about his love for oldies music, specifically 50s and 60s. I don't want to rip off Joel's post so you should really check it out here, just know that I concur with everything he said. I, too, loves oldies. And I, too, think my love can be attributed to this tape of oldies that we used to listen to when my aunts took us on trips with all of our cousins. We listened to songs like, "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini," "Lollipop," "Wake Up Little Susie," the list goes on. Man, do I wish we still had that tape.

Anyway, Joel sent me a text tonight reminding me that on Sunday nights our local oldies station plays just 50s and 60s. I turned it on and heard all sorts of classics, my favorite being "In the Jungle" because it made the heat outside seem a little more appropriate. It was just pretty great.

Alright, the finale: Sunday's Really Little Thing: Oldies

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

Those were fun days, and fun music. Glad I could be part of memory building for you. Love you.