Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Frozen Yogurt

(Yogurtini)
One of my new favorite treats is frozen yogurt. I know... it's been around forever, but for some reason it is just now showing up in the midwest. We got a Yogoluv in Columbia a few months before I graduated. It was good, but I only went once... It's probably not the brightest idea to open a place like that mid-fall/early-winter. This summer I heard some of my relatives from the Kansas side talk about how a few places have opened near them. Last week I tried two: Peachwave and Yoberry. Then I saw one up north, near me, called Yogurtini (who thinks of these names...) They're popping up everywhere!

I love the fresh tasting frozen yogurt, the variety of flavors, the abundance of toppings, the fact that it's self serve, and the idea that you weigh it and pay according to that (Genius!) What I find is funny and therefore also love about all of these frozen yogurt places is that every single one of them looks alike... So, if you want to open a successful (well, they all just opened up, so we'll see just how successful they are and if they last the winter) frozen yogurt place, here is the recipe:

1. Pastel walls (usually green)
2. Some kind of tile or mosaic work
3. Funky lights
4. Futuristic looking and inevitably uncomfortable chairs
5. A cheesy name (many include "yo" somewhere in there, but Peachwave decided to be a little more original.)

Anyway, I've enjoyed checking out all of these places! I have decided on a favorite yet, but because my brother Joel thinks Peachwave is the best and I respect his opinion, I'll go with that....

(Peachwave)
(Yogoluv)

2 comments:

Georgie said...

Hey Abby, great observations! Seems that the names on the Kansas side tend to use a fruit: PeachWave, YoBerry, Orange Leaf. Missouri goes with the yogurt theme. I think I like the Kansas names better. :-)

noha musad said...

Great and nice blog

visit me at
http://www.eyelasik.zxq.net
http://www.egymagic.blogspot.com
http://www.englishstance.blogspot.com