Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fall Party

It's hot outside. I know, it's the midwest in the middle of August, what do I expect... But it's hotter than I remember. I just looked at the forecast for the rest of the week and one website said it would be 99 degrees on Friday and had the caption, "No relief yet. Flirting with 100." I like the website's humor, but man, I'm ready for things to start cooling down. I'm ready for fall.

My friend Corrie had the brilliant idea to throw a "Fall Party" to get us excited for the fact that fall is just around the corner (wait for it, that expression is going to become significant in about two sentences). Corrie, Jessie, and I gathered and celebrated... and it was lovely. We drank cider, ate molasses cookies, wore scarves, watched You've Got Mail... Corrie even set out a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils and Scotch tape (if you're a You've Got Mail fanatic like we are, you can appreciate that as well as the expression above.) It was pretty splendid.

Anyway, it's hot, and it sucks. But I loved celebrating fall and how great it is and how it will be here soon (well, not soon, but soon enough.) It was a great evening!

1 comment:

Valeria said...

this is wonderful. so so wonderful. you know I approve. I'm only sad that I missed out.