Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday's Really Little Thing

I love IMDB (Internet Movie Database, for those of you who are out of the loop). It's pretty much one of the greatest things that has ever happened in the film business (besides, you know, cameras, DVDs, HD, and all that stuff...) This is going to sound kind of funny... but I kind of have an IMDB in my head. Let me explain...

It's not like someone pops up on the movie screen and I think, "Zac Efron, born *blah blah blah*, became crazy famous as Troy on High School Musical, most recent release is a strange film about talking to dead people that is disguised as a chick flick..." No, the only skill I really have is telling you other movies that that actor (or maybe just their face, because a lot of times I don't actually know their names) has been in. Whenever I watch movies with my friend Mary she is constantly asking, "What's that guy/girl from?" and I tell her and I feel like I've really accomplished something.

Maybe I'm good at that game because I have a decent ability of recognizing faces. This "ability" also causes me to be that person who is always saying "she looks like..." (It's my dad's fault really, he does that all the time.) Tonight, for example, after seeing Charlie St. Cloud (weird movie) I have decided that my brother Joel looks just like Zac Efron and that my cousin Morgan kind of looks like the lead girl (I also thought the actor who played the small character Sully reminded me a lot of James Franco, and turns out... it's his brother. I'm amazing!) Other resemblances that I've decided on are that my dad looks like Tom Hanks (more in the Catch Me If You Can kind of way than the Sleepless in Seattle kind of way), my brother Cory looks like Ashton Kutcher, the guy from CSI looks like Chad Michael Murray... the list could go on, but you don't really care, so I'll stop

All you really need to know is that Thursday's Really Little Thing is IMDB (and the fact that I kind of have one in my head.) ¡Hasta el viernes!

No comments: