Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pushing Daisies.

Netflix is one of the best and worst things that has ever happened to me. I have thousands of movies that I can watch instantly with a few clicks of a button AND if I have the patience to wait a couple of days, I can watch any movie my heart could ever desire... all for like 9 bucks a month. That's the good side. The bad side is that I have a tendency to choose watching something on Netflix over things like... reading books, sleeping, interacting with people... It's just really not healthy. I'm trying to cut back. :)

One good thing that did come out of Netflix is that the TV show Pushing Daisies is on "watch instantly" so I've been watching that pretty much non-stop for the last week. Unfortunately the fun is going to end soon, because the show only lasted about 2 half-seasons before it was cancelled (I've decided that it's the writers strike's fault, because the show is too great for such a premature cancellation.) It's a great show... very whimsical, which I love. It's got great characters. The main man is a pie maker (I mean, what's not to love about that). Kristin Chenowith is in it and she busts out in song periodically which is great. The list could go on and on about how much this TV show makes me smile. If you have Netflix, you should check it out. Now.

I was so inspired by the show that today I cut my hair like the main character... Ok, no, I didn't actually cut my hair so I could purposely be just like Chuck/Charlotte. But I did like her hair and now mine kind of looks like hers... Maybe there will be a pie maker around the corner ready to bring me back to life and fall in love with me just like her. Doubtful... but a girl can dream.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I forgot that Kristin Chenowith busts into song randomly. I love that. Such a great show.

Aunt Cindy said...

Love your hair!