Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ten (Super Rad) Blog Post Ideas

I would say my favorite blogger out there is Joy the Baker. She comes up with some pretty great recipes, but on top of that, her outlook on life is pretty positive and inspiring. Recently she posted a list of Ten (Super Rad) Blog Post Ideas that she uses when she's stuck in a rut and doesn't know what to blog about. I don't know if I'm stuck in a rut (who knows, maybe I am...), but I'm a big fan of lists, and crossing things off of lists, and I'm a big fan of blogging, so I thought it'd be fun to try out her list. Here's the list... so here's what you can be expecting to see from me in the coming weeks...

1. A How-To Post
2. Inspired By!
3. What Are You Reading?
4. Let's do a list!
5. A Best-of Post
6. A Diary Excerpt
7. Somewhat ridiculous unsolicited advice
8. Before-and-After
9. A Day in the Life
10. A giveaway!

Some of these are going to be a little out of my comfort zone... A diary excerpt? I don't know if I have one that's old enough to be funny... A how-to post? I don't know if I'm good enough at anything to tell y'all how to do it. Unsolicited advice? Well, I'm pretty good (or bad) about doing that in real life, but in writing? ... That's awkward.

Anyway, it should be fun! So get excited!

1 comment:

Aunt Georgie said...

Hmmmm...when I read the list and came upon "Somewhat ridiculous unsolicited advice", I think I interpreted it differently that you. I saw that as advice GIVEN to you that was unsolicited and ridiculous. For example, Dave and I were at Gorozzo's Restaurant and, as the server set my plate in front of me, he asked "have you ever had this before?" I answered "No. Why do you ask?" He then proceeded to tell me in so many words that the meal I had ordered wasn't very good. Unsolicited. Ridiculous. Advice?