Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Try-It Tuesday: Best Of

One of the blog post ideas from Joy the Baker was to do a "best of" post. She says that it's a great opportunity to appear as though you're on top of things when you're actually lazy. Which happens to be what I was tonight. My dad is out of town, so it's just me and the momma, so we decided to do Chipotle tonight instead of Try-It Tuesday... Chicken burrito bowl, Diet Coke, my mom, outdoor seating... It was pretty perfect. AND it was a perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone: posting about Try-It Tuesday and doing a "best of" post.

Here are some of my favorites since I started Try-It Tuesday back in August! A Best Of Try-It Tuesdays if you will...
Chicken Curry in a Hurry. I love this stuff. The curry flavor isn't too overpowering (although if it was, I'd still be ok with it.) It's just a fun variation of a curry dish. And so easy!

Thai Turkey Burgers. Probably one of my favorite recipes I've made for Try-It Tuesday.

Cajun Chicken Pasta. This is pretty tasty. It was good the first time, and better the second, I'll have to try it again to see if I can make it even better!

Meatballs with Peppers and Pineapple. Check this out... a recipe without chicken breast!

Creamy Chicken Taquitos. I liked these when I made them, but turns out they were even better as leftovers... Strange, I know, but true.

Chicken Tamale Casserole. This recipe kind of lied and said it was healthy... It wasn't really. But it was indeed delicious.

Chicken Satay Stir-Fry with Orange Scented Jasmine Rice. The longest name ever but the recipe for sure lives up to the name. One of my favorite recipes ever.

Jambalaya. I loved this stuff. Rice. Chicken. Veggies. Spice. So good.

Until next week!

1 comment:

Valeria said...

I love that you try such a variety of recipes (Indian, Mexican, American, etc.) - even if most have chicken ;) Just so you know, when I'll be cooking for myself and the J man, I'm looking to your Try It Tuesdays for inspiration!