Thursday, March 8, 2012

Try-It Thursday: Meatballs with Peppers and Pineapple

Since I copped out and let Chipotle do the cooking on Tuesday, I thought I'd share the recipe I made tonight. I had the day off of work for a dentist appointment (yep, it's true, I took an 8 hour day off of work for a 45 minute dentist appointment... get over it) so my mom asked me if I wanted to make dinner. I'm pretty much always up for making dinner. I actually get really excited about it. Sometimes I wish I didn't get so excited about it though, because the finding of the recipe takes just as long if not longer than the making of the recipe. Ridiciulous, I know, but true.

After an extensive search, I landed on a Pioneer Woman recipe that I had pinned on Pinterest a few months ago. It didn't involve chicken (aren't you proud of me?) But it did involve meatballs, peppers and pineapple. It was called Meatballs with Peppers and Pineapple (quite original, PW...) Besides the lack of exciting name, the recipe was a hit! The sauce was a little runnier than I'd prefer (for some reason I can never make PW's sauces as thick as she does...) But everything else was pretty great. The meatballs had a good flavor. The peppers and pineapple added a fresh bite. And the sauce was sweet but not too sweet. It was just plain ol' good.
Anyway, just thought I'd share it with you. Happy Friday-eve!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Sounds yummy, except peppers make me gassy these day...like almost everything else. Darn baby.