Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Try-It Tuesday: Chocolate Peanut Butter Ball Cookies

It was just my mom and I for dinner tonight, so we opted out of a meal at home and let Chipotle do the work. At dinner, my mom said, "So... if you're in the mood to bake, Dr. Gardner mentioned today that there has been a lack of baked goods in the office..." (Side note: my mom is a dental hygienist, and a great one at that.) She didn't have to tell me twice! I'm still pretty psyched about my Joy the Baker cookbook, so I went through it twice to find the perfect recipe (yes, I'm an extreme nerd when it comes to baking...) and landed on...

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ball Cookies... What?! Yes, you heard me. A chocolate cookie... with a giant peanut butter ball in the middle. The peanut butter is like the center of a buckeye, and instead of going through the work of dipping them in chocolate, you just plop them on top of freshly baked chocolate cookies. Even though I baked them for my mom's office, you know that I couldn't let those leave my house without getting a sample... They were delicious, but they were a bit rich. And the fact that I, Abby Jean Thomason, think that they're rich, means they're real rich. I'd probably cut the size of the peanut butter ball in half next time. But believe me, there will be a next time. Fo. sho.

Happy Try-It Tuesday! (P.S. I wish I could share the recipe with you, but it's in Joy's cookbook and I really do think you should buy it. I've given you the link once, and I'll give it to you again. It's good.)

No comments: