Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Try-It Tuesday: Creamy Baked Ziti

Tonight was a special night for Try-It Tuesday... My brothers Joel and Cory were home (and Kyle was supposed to be there, too, but couldn't make it) so it was a fuller house than normal. I thought it'd be better to lean on the safe side with my pick this week because I don't think the men in my family can handle anything too out of the box. My mom had come across a recipe for Creamy Baked Ziti on Pinterest and suggested that I try it out. You really can't go wrong with pasta...

...and this recipe kept the streak going with not being able to go wrong with pasta. It was so good. Too good actually. I've been shooting for healthy recipes lately, and this one was far from that. Cream cheese? Check. Sour cream? Check. Mozzarella cheese? Check. Parmesan cheese? Check. Italian sausage? Check. That's a lot of calories, ya'll. But that's also a lot of goodness. Don't let the list of craziness scare you away. It was delicious. (P.S. The recipe didn't call for any meat. And the Thomasons... we're meat eaters. So I added a little over a half pound of Italian sausage, thanks to the suggestion of my Momma. I'd say that was a good call.)

3 comments:

Valeria said...

seriously that photo of yours looks SO good! and you're right, you can NEVER go wrong with pasta ;)

Jessie said...

You can never go wrong with adding a little Italian sausage either. :) That salad looks yummy too.

Aunt Georgie said...

So, Abby, I tried this recipe last night. It was pretty good, very RICH and made LOTS. I put it in two smaller pans, served one and put one in the freezer for a rainy spring day. I added chicken to my recipe, cubed, precooked in olive oil, seasoned salt and Italian seasoning. I liked it. Your Try-It-Tuesdays encourage me to cook. Something your Uncle Dave likes!