Friday, March 9, 2012

Smiles on a Friday...

Well, it's Friday! Friday's are just good days. You get to wear jeans to work. Iowa Girl Eat's posts her Friday Favorites (ok, that might not be something that makes you happy on a Friday, but it does me!) The weekend is near. Friday's are just good days. I feel like I'm smiling even more than your average Friday. Want to know why? Ok, I'll tell you...

(Um... yes please.)

I have plans to bake this beauty tonight. Well, I baked the cake last night, but I'll make the frosting and drench it with the ganache tonight. I seriously am a little bit giddy about it. (We already know that I'm a baking nerd, there's no point in hiding it.)

(I don't wear it with attitude like she does.)

Yesterday, on my day off, I hit up the Gap. They had 30% off your entire purchase so you know that I can't stay away... I bought only one shirt, this shirt, and I'm wearing it today, and it just radiates spring, I think. It's making me happy.

(Joel's the guy in the green, he's pretty cool.)

My brother Joel is home for a week from law school in Austin, Texas. I like him a lot. Especially since I've finally found a game I can kick his butt in: Hanging With Friends. This is a big feat for me.

(Nothing clever to say about this one. Not that my other comments have been clever.)

My brothers are always exposing me to good music. Yesterday Cory told me about this band (if you could call it a band) called King's Kaleidoscope. I'm not always a huge fan of Christian music, but these folks, they spice up hymns... and I like that. A lot.

(I don't have a picture of humming, but I do have a picture of some pretty pretzels. So...)

Humming. Some of the guys around me at work hum sometimes. They probably have no idea that I'm aware of their humming, but I am. And makes me smile. So I've decided that it's ok for me to hum outloud, too (as long as it's not TOO loud.) Humming has brightened my day.

(Brad playing music on the streets of Sevilla. I could be serenading him!)

I've been dreaming about going to visit my cousin Brad in Spain lately. Figuratively and literally dreaming about it. I think I may try to make it happen. This excites me. (P.S. Brad has the greatest blog ever documenting his time abroad. Add that to the list of things that make me smile: Brad's blog. Check it.)

Alright, well, these things are probably all quite insignficant to you. But it's Friday. And I'm smiling. And I hope you have silly little things like these that are making you smile, too.

2 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

Reading your blog makes me smile and knowing I get to see you tomorrow makes a bigger smile.

Joel said...

Yeah, you can dominate me in Hanging with Friends.