Sunday, March 25, 2012

KU Cake for my Unca Dave!

(Rock Chalk!)
March Madness is alive and well, and thankfully my beloved Kansas Jayhawks are alive and well, too!

Tonight KU played North Carolina so we planned a mini get together with my aunt and uncle and pseudo-grandma to watch the game. They were providing dinner so I offered to bring dessert because... that's what I do. I'm the dessert girl. I asked if my aunt or uncle had any requests and my uncle Dave said, "Sure, how about a cake... with a side of sugar cookies." He was joking, of course, but I decided to go along with it. I baked a cake and made sugar cookies! And I decided to go all out and decorate them KU-themed, too. I loved baking them with my uncle in mind. Baking just to love on someone, and say, "Hey, I baked this just for you!" is the best kind of baking, I believe. I loved every minute of it. And I think my uncle liked it, too...

You know what is even better than a KU cake? A celebratory KU cake! Thankfully my cake became just that because KU beat North Carolina (take that, Roy Williams, bet you wish you were still a Jayhawk, huh?) The night couldn't have been more perfect. Now on to the Final Four... What shall I bake next week...?
(My dad, me, and my uncle Dave with the KU baked goods.
Photo courtesy of my lovely aunt Georgie!)

2 comments:

Valeria said...

Fanship differences aside, that is a beautiful cake and what a fun way of celebrating:)

Joel said...

It would have been more perfect if I was there!