Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Forgetting...

Have you ever wished you could erase your memory so you could experience something again like it was for the first time? I have. A lot. Especially with stories. Like books and movies and TV shows. My brother Joel and I were talking about this last week when he was home. He told me about the following quote that went along with this thought:

"See, I like forgetting. When I see a place for the first time I notice everything. The color of the paper, the sky, the way people walk, door knobs, every detail. Then after I've been there a while, I don't notice them anymore. Only by forgetting can I remember what a place is really like... so maybe for me forgetting and remembering are the same thing." -David Byrne, Talking Heads

The following list is silly compared to the deepness of the above quote. But here is a list of things I wish I could forget so I could experience them for the first time all over again...
The Hunger Games series
Friday Night Lights
LOST
Pride & Prejudice (the book and the movie - Keira Knightley version, of course).

If you haven't experienced these things. Please do it for me. Because I can't do it for the first time again, so you should.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Do you have the Hunger Game series? Maybe you can send it home with Joel so I can read them.

Valeria said...

I love this post and totally feel the same way about certain things. I second many of your items (FNL, Pride & Prejudice) and plan to experience The Hunger Games for you soon!