Friday, March 2, 2012

Butterscotch!

I needed to blog about something so that the first thing that people saw when visiting my blog wasn't the disgusting fat man below. Yes, I could just take the picture off of my post... But instead I thought I'd blog about something completely insignificant that's also completely wonderful: butterscotch.

Tonight has been a nice, relaxing Friday night at home (you know you're getting older when you look forward to a Friday night of nothing...) What do I do on a Friday night at home? Peruse Pinterest! I saw a dress, which took me to another site, which caused me to find a dress that was kind of goldeny/mustardy colored and guess what the color was called: butterscotch! And it reminded me of how much I love the stuff.

The dress that inspired it all. Feeling generous? You can buy it for me. It's only $65. No big deal. (I've never paid that much for a dress in my life... But you feel free to. Especially if it's for me, k?)
Butterscotch Shakes from Winstead's. I love these things. Knowing that I was going to get back on track with the diet this week, I treated myself to a butterscotch shake on Sunday night. A last supper of sorts...
Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies. This recipe is one of my favorite cookie recipes. I can't think of one that I enjoy more, so it very possibly could be my favorite, but I'm hesitant to give anything the favorite title. That's a big commitment for a girl like me.
Butterscotch Schnapps. This and hot chocolate is one of my favorite drinks in the winter time.
Take a few butterscotch chips, a few chocolate chips, a tiny bit of peanut butter, and melt them together. Dip a banana in this mixture and it's amazing! And reasonably healthy if you don't use too much of the chips and pb. This concoction has been getting me through this week...

Happy low key Friday!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

You should spend the $65 and get that dress. It's so cute! I might get it if it were in my favorite color of green...and I wasn't pregnant.