Thursday, March 1, 2012

Accountability.

(Yep, this is what you get when you google "failed New Year's Resolutions"...)
Remember like 2 months ago when everyone was making lists of resolutions for the year? And remember that time that I made a list for myself? And remember that one time I slacked off instantly? But do you also remember that one time that I blogged about how I was a slacker and was going to try to get better? You don't remember that? Ok, that's because it's about to go down:

I'm a slacker. I made a list. And despite my good intentions, I've slacked. Hard core.

1. Lose 50 pounds. I lost a couple, and then I gained a couple back. Diets are hard. But a friendly reminder came my way the other day when my friend Valeria sent a picture of the bride's maid dress I'm going to need to look good in. Let's just say it's business time.

2. Learn how to play the guitar. I haven't touched the thing. I've thought about it though... Does that count?

3. Make a business plan for my bakery. Um... I've baked a lot. But no planning whatsoever has gone down. Slackety slack slack, I'm a slacker.

4. Be more adventurous. Hm... this is a little bit more subjective. I mean, I made thai turkey burgers the other day, I've been wearing stripes more instead of just solid colors, my toe nails are currently painted blue, I trimmed my own bangs tonight... Is that adventurous enough for you?

5. Take more people out to coffee. This has been happening more than it was, but I'd still like to get better. I actually went to coffee with a friend tonight. We talked about life. We played cards. We drank coffee. Life was good.

So, long story short, just thought I'd let you know I've been slacking. But that doesn't mean I've given up. And if you've got a list and have been slacking like me - don't give up! It's not too late! We can do this! Si se puede!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I think you would totally rock #4 if you could add "went to Spain" to that list. :)