Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Try-Tuesday: Thai Turkey Burgers

Yes, I've been a slacker about blogging lately. No, I am not trying to be a food blogger, I just happen to blog about food a lot. Yes, I will try to get better about blogging about things that aren't edible. Moving on...

It's Try-It Tuesday, guys! Last night, I sat down with a pile of food magazines and my laptop with the chore (if you could call it a chore) to find a recipe that didn't include chicken. One of the first blogs I visited was Iowa Girl Eats, and she had just posted this recipe for Thai Turkey Burgers with Peanut Sauce, and I knew I'd found a winner! The recipe brought a few firsts for me though:

1. First time ever cooking with ground turkey (NOT chicken, although ground turkey is just about the closest thing you can get to it.)
2. First time ever cooking a burger. (We may or may not have had to nuke them for a few minutes because they weren't done, but whatev...)
3. First time ever purchasing/washing/cutting broccoli.
4. First time ever trying to use a peeler to shred a baby carrot (I needed shredded carrots and I couldn't figure out how to use the food processor... let's just it wasn't a very good idea.)

Despite all those firsts, the recipe was delicious! I'd totally recommend it. It was healthy. Flavor packed. Unique (a thai turkey burger, who does that?) It was just flat out good.

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

Is it on the weight watchers chart? I joined yesterday to be ready for Colorado hiking.