Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gold sprinkles.

I was asked to bake some things for an engagement party: 2 dozen soft pretzels (strange, but fun!), 2 dozen cupcakes, and a cake.

I enjoy baking for other people. But it can get kind of difficult when they don't give me much direction in the decorating. Some people would love that freedom. But I'm a kind of person who is just like, "Alright, tell me what you want, and I'll do it. Or try to at least..." Anyway, I like to keep things simple, and I already knew that I wanted to use the chocolate from the cupcakes as the wording for the cake because that'll kind of tie them together. So I'm at Michael's (the craft store, not the man's house) on Thursday night. Trying to figure out how I'm going to do this and I see... gold sprinkles. I don't know why. But I guess they just spoke to me...

And now I love gold sprinkles! I sprinkled them on the cupcakes and embellished the cake with them a bit. And I think it added a little whimsy to the simplicity that I like to do with cakes. Not too Beyonce, over-the-top kind of gold. But simple, Abby's-baked-good kind of gold. Anyway, I think gold sprinkles may be new favorite way to decorate things.

That is all.

2 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

I am always impressed with your cake decorating .

Jessie said...

I like them too. Let's remember though, you don't like too much direction. *cough* Christmas cookies *cough*