Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Try-It Tuesday: Santa Fe Chicken

(Here it is, folks!)
So, I had another first last night with Try-It Tuesday... I used a crock pot! I've never made anything in a crock pot before. Well, I've made Rotel cheese dip, but I don't really feel like that counts. Part of me, the part that likes to sleep, kind of resented this recipe at 6:00 in the morning when I was throwing it together. But the other part of me, the part that likes to be lazy after work, was thankful that the bulk of the work was done when I came home. Hooray for crock pots!

I found this recipe on, none other than, Pinterest. It's called Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken. My friend Jessie had told me about a recipe that her friend has made that's basically throwing chicken and salsa and other stuff in a slow cooker and letting it sit all day, and this kind of reminded me of that. It was really easy. It took me about 10 minutes to throw together. And it's healthy! Apparently it's only 4 points if you're a Weight Watchers kind of girl like I am (on a good day, that is...) The best news? It was delicious! I was afraid that because it was healthy it wouldn't have a lot of flavor, but it did. Hooray for that! I also accompanied it with the Chipotle-like Cilantro Lime Rice from Annie's Eats. I'd say it was a pretty fantastic pairing.
(Proof of my early morning prep.)
(Gotta have your fruits and vegetables, too!)
Slow cooker. Quick. Easy. Healthy. Delicious. A success in my book.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Hey! I made Cilantro Lime Rice the other day. Was yours great, mine was ok but I think it's b/c I left the garlic out...the whole pregnancy thing. But now I think I would have preferred to suffer later and really enjoy my rice. :)