Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Try-It Tuesday: Corn and Cheese Chowder

I don't know if you know this about me, but I like soup. A lot. You may even use a more intense word than like. I'd say love could probably be used. Yeah, it's for sure love.

So I made soup this week! I'll admit it: I DVR the Pioneer Woman's cheesy show on the Food Network. And on it she recently made this recipe for Corn and Cheese Chowder. Butter? Onions? Bacon? Peppers? Corn? Chicken broth? Sign me up! And ya'll... it was good! Incredibly flavorful! My dad adds salt to everything... and he didn't add salt. (I may or may not have challenged him to not add salt, so he may or may not have been proving a point, but still...) It was delicious. Warm and filling, but not too heavy. Try it out. Seriously. It's soup. And it's delicious. You can't really go wrong.
I also tried a new cookie recipe for one of my co-workers birthdays today. Chocolate cookies with Rolos inside. They were so easy and so good. You should try these, too. Just make a night of it. Make Cheese and Corn Chowder for the main course. Make Rolo Chocolate Cookies for dessert. Your family will be happy. I guarantee it.

2 comments:

Valeria said...

I miss you... let's have a night with the chowda and the cookies :)

Momma said...

I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to eat your yummy food! I look forward to Tuesday night's meal every week!