Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Great List.


Today at work I was talking to with a friend and I found myself complaining about silly little things. I try to catch myself when I get in the habit of doing that, but once something's been said, it's out there. You can't take it back. It's just lingering, uncessary negativity. Then we talked about how, for some reason, it's easier, and more socially acceptable to complain, than to talk about things that are great. It's easier to say, "So, this guy that sits next to me keeps smacking his food in my ears..." than "Hey, so, I think cupcakes are great!" Why do we do that? That's just sad. Really sad. So you know what? Here is a list of things that I think are great. Feel free to make a list of your own. Seriously, do it. Right now.


1. The four seasons. (The actual seasons, not the hotel.)
2. Vacations.
3. Babies - seems like a lot of people I love are going to be having them soon.
4. Employment.
5. Pinterest.
6. Downton Abbey.
7. The other side of the pillow. (Not my idea, but I like it, a lot.)
8. iPhones.
9. The color chartreuse. (Pictured on those crazy walls above.)
10. Gap.
11. My three brothers.
12. Fashion magazines.
13. Puppies.
14. Cupcakes.
15. The fact that you are taking the time to read this right now.
16. Baking blogs.
17. My parents and their marriage.
18. New friends.
19. My bed.
20. Netflix.


Ok, the list could go on forever... I'm just as guilty as the next for being a complainer. But seriously, let's talk about the good stuff more, ok? Ok!


Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

How about #21 - Jessie. Ha ha. Fun list. I think those things are pretty great too. But puppies? That surprised me. I guess when they become dogs..not so great.

Aunt Cindy said...

I read one time that if you start your day thinking of 10 positive things that your day will stay good. One of my positive things is to read my niece and nephews blogs....your list is great.