Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Retry-It Tuesday: Cajun Chicken Pasta

(In the process, the end result wasn't so appetizing.)
I just couldn't decide what to make for dinner this week. I scoured Pinterest, and Cooking Light, and a few of my favorite blogs, but nothing looked that good or it did look good but was too big of an endeavor for a Tuesday night. Without knowing of this frantic search that was going on, my mom said, "You know what I've been craving?" "Uh... no. What?" "That cajun chicken pasta that you made a while ago." Mom saved the day! I didn't have to come up with something new!

So I made Pioneer Woman's Cajun Chicken Pasta that I made back in September but I made a few revisions that I suggested to myself back then:
1. I used whole wheat penne pasta instead of fettuccine.
2. I used a little flour to thicken the sauce.
3. I diced the vegetables instead of sliced them.

I know those all seem very minor but they made it better than it was before. Yay for improvements! Yay for Retry-It Tuesday! I promise I'll be back with a new recipe next week.

2 comments:

Aunt Georgie said...

Ohhh, Abby, that looks good!

Jessie said...

So better but still not great?