Monday, February 6, 2012

Smiles on a Monday.

Last night I went to bed feeling sick because I ate too much at a Super Bowl party. This morning I woke up sick of myself after stepping on the scale and not seeing what I wanted to see. Then I hopped in my car to leave at 6:08, yep, I said 6:08, and headed to work. Oh, Mondays... But guess what? Mondays don't have to suck. My Monday didn't suck at all. After making it out of bed and in to work, and refocusing myself, it was quite a swell one indeed. Want to know what made me smile throughout the day? Ok, fine, I'll tell you.

1. I sang my heart out on the way to work. I pretty much do every morning but this morning I sang along with David Crowder's new album. I've got to be honest, I can be a bit of a contemporary Christian music snob (as in I don't really listen to it...) but this album is good. And it was the perfect thing to sing to this morning.
2. I got free lunch at work. Apparently we had a good month last month so they brought in Jimmy John's. Half a Turkey Tom and half a Vito and I was one happy camper. I love Jimmy John's.
3. I gave someone a free dinner. It was just me for dinner tonight so I stopped by Chipotle on the way home. As I was paying, the woman behind me told the cashier that she forgot her wallet in her car and that she was going to run out and get it. I've been working on being more generous so I told the cashier, "Actually, will you add her dinner on with mine. I'd like to pay for hers, too." The cashier looked at me like I was crazy but did it. Then I left. I didn't get to see the woman's reaction but hopefully it made her night. If nothing else, the opportunity to be generous made mine.
4. I got to bake for my small group. I've started going to a new church and recently joined a small group and tonight was my first night to bring snacks. I brought Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Homemade Soft Pretzels. They were all very kind and said they were fans. I love baking for people.
5. My cousin Brad posted something funny on my Facebook wall and it reminded me of two things: 1. That I love and miss Brad (he is studying abroad in Spain this semester.) 2. That I am going to a MuteMath concert next week! (His comment had something to do with MuteMath. I didn't just randomly think of them...)

Alright, this is a random post. I just thought I'd give a little shout out to the things that made me smile on this Monday that turned out to be not so Monday-like at all.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I love Vito!

Aunt Cindy said...

It's Tuesday and reading your Monday makes me smile.